Hello readers! Whether you follow my other blog, know me from publications, are a personal friend, or once stalked me on Facebook, welcome to my new blog!
Last night I had a conversation with my sister that sparked the idea to start this blog, partly as a way of venting daily difficulties or just to maybe help other G.R.I.T.S. who don’t have the guts to vent themselves.
Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I am pretty much an unconventional Southern Belle:
- I love God and my family more than anything.
- I have lived (so far) my entire life in 3 counties, all in Alabama.
- I am married to a high-tech redneck who I met in college, and we now have a child.
- I love the outdoors and the country.
But . . .
- I struggle in every environment on whether to use my natural Southern accent or my edited for TV hosting voice (and usually fall somewhere in between by default).
- I am not a good cook and have no desire to be . . . (I pretty much eat to live, not live to eat like a lot of Southern women).
- I am not a natural at parenting and was totally panicked when I found out I was pregnant at 29 years old!
- I have a lifelong dream to work in the TV or movie industry doing anything with comedy.
- I am very sarcastic and outspoken.
These conflicts often cause me to conflict with some Southern women who swear by Paula Deen and Pinterest crafts. So you can love me or hate me, or “Bless my Heart” behind my back, but this is who I am.